I (sort of) re-entered the working world today. With both kids in school and Chad working exclusively in Lufkin, it only makes sense for me to work some now. So I have signed up to substitute. I turned in my paperwork on Friday, and at 7:20 this morning, the phone rang. It was Lydia, the school secretary. I had big plans for today...a run to the grocery store, a run, and lots much needed, quality time with the washer and dryer. Best laid plans......
She needed me to work this afternoon, so I agreed. Then it occurred to me to ask for specifics. Second grade, whew! A half-day in second grade was a good way to ease back in to teaching. Thank goodness she didn't say pre-k. All-in-all, it was a good day. I enjoyed the kids and we avoided major tragedies. At recess, a girl was stung by a mystery bug and one boy got really frustrated with his writing assignment and tore up his paper. But other than that...it was all good. Just like riding a bike!
Protected: What a difference a year makes!
15 years ago

Wow!!!!!!!
ReplyDelete