Trace, Kinsey, and Kendall

Trace, Kinsey, and Kendall

Saturday, May 22, 2010

Summer & Kinsey's a Graduate

It's officially summer at our house. Trace is all done with 2nd grade and Kinsey has graduated from preschool. Trace is thoroughly enjoying lounging around in his underwear until the last possible moment before we have to leave the house to run errands. There has been a ton of Wii and Nintendo playing and an almost equal amount of cartoon watching scheduled to fill his days of leisure. I did manage to get him to help me clean out his closet on Friday. Although you would have thought I'd asked him to paint the Sistine Chapel!
Trace enjoyed having a friend spend the night on Tuesday. It was a make-up from the one we had to cancel during Spring Break because Trace got strep. It included baseball, pizza, a movie, and lots of throwing tennis balls on the roof and "accidentally" getting them stuck in the gutter. As I told the boys, I don't think eleven balls in the gutter is an accident...maybe one or two.

Kinsey almost enjoyed having Ella spend the night. I say almost, because at 11:30 that night, our alarm went off. More about that later. Needless to say, after all the commotion, everyone wanted to sleep in their own beds!

Here is Kinsey receiving her diploma. She has been looking forward to graduation for months! Now that she is the first one in our family to graduate (as she says) she gets to have fun days at school. Sno-cone day, watermelon day, ice cream sundaes, water day, and an end of the year party.
Our proud little graduate!
It is taking forever to upload videos, so if you go to Brook's blog http://sbeedurhamfamily.blogspot.com/2010/05/ellas-pre-school-graduation.html you can see short videos. It's worth it...the songs are PRECIOUS! Hip-Hip-Hip-Hippopotamus is my favorite!

No comments:

Post a Comment