She's taken up to 9 steps on her own and consistently takes 2 or 3 without any help. Now that she's doing this, taking still pictures of her is, well, difficult. These are ALL of the 11 month pictures I got. In all the other months, I got a close up of her face and a full body shot. Don't expect that this month! My model wasn't in the mood for all that standing still business.
She can walk, but doesn't want to. It's almost as if she starts walking then realizes she's doing it so she sits down. She says Daddy and Katie a lot. And every dog is Katie. She is waving hello and goodbye and has gotten a lot better about letting new people hold her. YIPPEE! She still won't stay in the church nursery the full hour. The staff pages me to come get her every Sunday. She cries so hard that they're afraid she's going to make herself throw up. Definitely Mama's girl.
She is sleeping through the night! We put her in her bed, awake, each night and she doesn't wake up until the morning. I remember when she was four months old we talked about sleep training her. Then we talked about it again at six months. Then again and again after that, but it finally happened at 11 months. When she woke up during the night, she would stand up in her bed and cry. Anytime I went in to lay her back down it would take well over an hour before I finally caved in and took her to our bed. When Chad went in, it only took about ten minutes. So after about a week of him going in to lay her back down during the night, it was done!

No comments:
Post a Comment