Trace, Kinsey, and Kendall

Trace, Kinsey, and Kendall

Saturday, July 17, 2010

Surprise!

Last week, Kinsey started talking about wanting to have a surprise party for her birthday. When she realized just how far off her birthday really is, well, let's just say she was not pleased. She cried. And cried. Then she realized my birthday was just a few days away and decided she would throw me a surprise party. I told Chad and my friends, thinking it was precious that she wanted to do this.

The kids were in the backseat of the car when this realization occurred, so the planning began...in whispers. Then they asked me what I liked and didn't like. I assumed they were fishing for theme ideas. Trace talked about breakfast in bed and wanted to know why I never served him breakfast in bed on his birthday. When I explained that kids are messy and have to sleep in their beds, he understood.

Fast forward to Friday...Erin tooke me to have drinks and pedicures to celebrate my big day. I have never laughed so much while getting my toes done. When she brought me home, I saw cars in the driveway and was shocked. Truly surprised. Turns out Chad had been putting all of this together for weeks. I neglected to mention that Chad came home from out of town on Thursday and was S I C K. He went grocery shopping and ran other errands on Thursday when he was so sick. A real trooper. We had great friends over and had a fabulous time.

Trace woke me up at 7:45 this morning with breakfast in bed...
I am so fortunate to have such a loving family and great friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment