She let Kinsey drive her around on the scooter...the WHOLE time we were in the store. I have never laughed so hard, or been as nervous, as I was in that grocery store today. It was a very good thing it was mid-day during the week. I am happy to report that we, no, they, knocked down zero displays, and only almost knocked over one!
G'mother: "What kind of ice cream do you want?"
Kinsey: (not a surprise to anyone who knows her) "The pink one!"
G'mother: "No! I don't want the pink one!" and anyone who knows her will know the voice she used when she said it!
The trip to HEB ended in the parking lot with me almost wetting my pants. There was a moment where it was a very real possibility. Kinsey drove Grandmother the long way, forward-reverse-forward-reverse-forward, to the car...laughing out loud the whole way while Grandmother was pointing to my car...so was the lady in the parking lot! When Kinsey got off the scooter, Grandmother said, "Girl, you gave me a cramp! Shit!" THAT was what almost made me wet my pants.
I am so glad we went. And cannot wait for next Thursday!

No comments:
Post a Comment